200 hr YTT Certification and Registration
The Yoga Service Project 200hr Yoga Teacher Training
Virtual & Online Study (5 Month Course)
Looking for a 200 hr YTT Certification to expand your practice? You've found the right place!
Our new 200hr YTT Certification offers an in depth and service (karma)
oriented approach to learning, practicing and teaching.
The Yoga Service Project 200 Hour Karma Yoga Teacher Training© is a first of its kind yoga teacher training certification. It encompasses myriad tools and techniques for participants to become knowledgeable and resourceful yoga teachers. Participants will be trained in professional skills and technical knowhow, to lead thoughtful and engaging classes. As well, they will learn how to navigate the growing health and wellness industry.
This course encompasses 3 convenient Modules that can be completed in just 5 months.
1. Yoga Humanities 25 hours
- History (background & classifications of yoga)
- Exploring Philosophy (multidisciplinary perspectives)
- Ethics & Morals (yamas & niyamas)
- Communication tools (active listening, co-listening & patterns of language)
- Environmental Awareness & Nutrition (impact & consumption)
2. Professional Essentials 50 hours
- explanation/benefit of props & usage (“Have no fear, the props are here!” - AS)
- modifications (variations & assists)
- class styles (flow/vinyasa, static/hatha, adaptive/rehabilitative)
- learning styles (visual, auditory, kinesthetic, etc.)
- sequencing & timing (session design)
- appropriate attire
- punctuality (early is on time)
- marketing/business (promoting services)
- apprenticeship opportunities
- Yoga Alliance registration
- continued study
- YSP 200hr YTT Manual (pdf)
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali - Mukunda Stiles
- Yoga Anatomy - Leslie Kaminoff
- Yoga Nidra - Swami Satyanada Saraswati (perhaps paraphrase certain sections)
- 2 Blocks
Click HERE for registration!
Fees and Schedules
$1700 (with Partners discount)
- At your own pace!
- 5 month cohort
- Spring (May-September)
- Fall (September-January)
Ayanna Smith has been teaching yoga and creative movement over 20 years. She is an expert in teaching children, prenatal, seniors and special needs populations. Additionally, she is an author of children yoga books. Her book, ‘ABC's Of Yoga’ is being used in ECE at Lowell School and Washington Yu Ying, PCS. She also partners with American Girl to lead yoga events featuring her book, ‘ABC's Of Yoga’.
Daniel Hickman is a mind-body educator with over 30 years of experience. He teaches in the Military Advanced Training Center (MATC) at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) in Bethesda, Maryland where he offers adaptive yogic practices for those affected by warfare & severe trauma. He facilitates workshops, seminars and training internationally. website: danielofthesun.com
He has collaborated with:
● The Defense and Veterans Center for Integrative Pain Management (DVCIPM) – to implement a protocol of therapeutic yoga within the US military medical system.
● Howard University Cancer Center/Hospital – to implement a pilot study of restorative yoga and relaxation for individuals recovering from breast cancer.
● Friendship Place/La Casa – to facilitate meditation & yoga for minorities living in supportive housing.
● Warrior Camp – a tri-modality retreat for combat veterans with PTSD, using EMDR psychotherapy, equine therapy and yoga therapy.